- Buy tickets or add value to your MetroCard before you travel to avoid long lines at subway stations before or after events. You can also use OMNY on all subways and buses.
- If you're traveling via Long Island Rail Road or Metro-North Railroad, use the eTix app to buy tickets on your smartphone or mobile device. Once you buy a ticket, you will need to activate it just before you board your train. A conductor will validate the ticket once you're on board.
- MYmta, for transit directions, maps, real-time service updates, and more (iPhone, Android)
- MTA eTix, for buying and managing tickets for the Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad (iPhone, Android)
- LIRR and Metro-North's TrainTime apps, for station information, real-time train statuses and track information, maps, and more. (LIRR: iPhone, Android; Metro-North: iPhone, Android)