Happy Friday, riders!
The forecast for the next few days is a little gloomy, but hopefully that won't stop you from getting out and about this weekend. And we're here to help you navigate the subway and rail service changes that could impact your travel.
For more details on how service will be affected across all modes of transit, check out our Planned Work tool and search for your subway, bus, or rail line.
These service changes are subject to change, so check the MTA homepage before heading out; it's where you'll find up-to-the-minute information on subway, bus, and rail service.
Major subway service changes
Trains service to and from the Rockaways is suspended from 9:30 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of station maintenance.
- trains are replacing Rockaway Park Shuttle trains between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St.
- Free shuttle buses are running between Far Rockaway and Beach 90 St.
Learn more about changes to and Rockaway Park Shuttle trains in Queens.
and trains, Manhattan and Brooklyn
Brooklyn-bound and trains are running on the line from 59 St-Columbus Circle to 34 St-Herald Sq, and then via the line to Jay St-MetroTech from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of signal modernization work.
- trains are not running on the 8 Av line.
- For service to and from stations on Eighth Avenue and in Lower Manhattan, use nearby stations along Seventh Avenue, stations along Sixth Avenue, or stations along Broadway.
Learn more about changes to and service in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
trains, Manhattan and Queens
Trains are running on the line between Queens Plaza and Whitehall St in both directions from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of signal modernization work. trains will run local in Queens.
- For Court Sq-23 St, take the via transfer at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av or Times Sq-42 St.
- For Lexington Av/53 St and 5 Av/53 St, use the nearby 51 St station via transfer at Lexington Av/59 St.
- For 7 Av and 50 St, take the at nearby stations at 57 St-7 Av or 49 St.
- For 42 St-Port Authority Bus Terminal, take the to nearby Times Sq-42 St.
- For 34 St-Penn Station, 23 St, 14 St, Spring St and Canal St, use nearby stations along 7 Av via transfer at Times Sq-42 St.
- For W 4 St-Wash Sq, take the or downtown via transfer at 34 St-Herald Sq.
- For World Trade Center, take the at the nearby Cortlandt St station.
Learn more about changes to service in Manhattan and Queens.
Trains are not running between Church Av and Coney Island-Stillwell Av in either direction from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of signal modernization work.
- For service to/from stations between Church Av and Coney Island-Stillwell Av, use local buses or nearby stations.
Learn more about changes to service in Brooklyn.
trains, Brooklyn and Queens
Trains are not running between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and Court Sq in either direction from 9:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of track replacement work.
- Free shuttle buses are running between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and the station at 21 St-Queensbridge.
- trains will not stop at Court Sq. For service in or from Queens, take the at 21 St-Queensbridge.
Learn more about changes to service in Brooklyn and Queens.
Trains are not running between 36 St and Bay Ridge-95 St in either direction from 11:45 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday because of switch replacement work.
- Free shuttle buses are running between 36 St and Bay Ridge-95 St.
Learn more about changes to service in Brooklyn.
trains, Staten Island
Trains are not running between St George and Eltingville in both directions from 1 a.m. Saturday to 4 a.m. Monday.
Free shuttle buses are running between St George and Eltingville.
Learn more about changes to service on Staten Island.
Other service changes
trains, Bronx and Manhattan
trains are not running between E 180 St and Bowling Green in either direction, and Manhattan-bound trains will not stop at 138 St-Grand Concourse. These changes are because of track maintenance
- For service between E 180 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse, take the train.
- For service between 149 St-Grand Concourse and Bowling Green, take the train, which is running local between 125 St and Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.
- For service to 138 St-Grand Concourse, take a Bronx-bound train.
- Reminder: trains don’t run in Brooklyn on weekends.
Learn more about changes to service in the Bronx and Manhattan.
Trains run local in either direction between 21 St-Queensbridge and Forest Hills-71 Av because of preventative maintenance.
Long Island Rail Road service changes
Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma, and Oyster Bay Branches
Trains are not running between Jamaica and Hicksville in both directions because of construction related to the LIRR Expansion Project.
- From Hicksville, take a shuttle train to Babylon for service towards Jamaica and Penn Station.
- Oyster Bay Branch trains will run between East Williston and Oyster Bay. Shuttle buses connect East Williston, Mineola, and Hempstead.
- For stations New Hyde Park through Westbury, use nearby NICE buses or Hempstead Branch stations.
Learn more about service changes between Jamaica and Hicksville.