There will be no service between Jamaica and Huntington/Farmingdale on Saturday, March 12, and Sunday, March 13, as we commission a new signal system near Carle Place. This is a major step towards the completion of the LIRR Expansion Project later this year. Service changes begin at 12:15 a.m. on Saturday morning and continue until early Monday morning.
Please consider using the Babylon, Hempstead, or Montauk Branches to avoid busing and rerouted trains on these two weekends. Hempstead Branch service will be increased all weekend. Daytime service will run every half hour, with every other train running to and from Penn Station.
Port Jefferson Branch
If you typically use any Port Jefferson Branch station, you should plan on using the Hempstead Branch instead. Eastbound riders from Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal should board Hempstead-bound trains.
- At Hempstead, express and local bus service will be available to and from most Port Jefferson Branch stations. Please review the PDF timetable to see which Hempstead trains connect with bus service to your station.
- Express buses will serve Hempstead, Mineola, Hicksville, and Huntington. Transfer at Huntington for train service to Port Jefferson, running every two hours.
- Local buses will serve Hempstead, Mineola, Hicksville, Syosset, Cold Spring Harbor, and Huntington.
- For New Hyde Park & Merillon Avenue, use the nearby Stewart Manor or Nassau Boulevard stations on the Hempstead Branch.
- For Carle Place & Westbury, LIRR tickets will be cross-honored on the n22/n24 NICE Bus routes for service to/from Mineola and Hicksville. Visit www.nicebus.com for schedules.
Train service will resume on Monday morning with the 5:08 a.m. from Huntington and 5:16 a.m. from Jamaica.
- Bi-level diesel trains will run every two hours between Penn Station and Ronkonkoma. Between Jamaica and Farmingdale, trains will travel via Babylon and will change directions twice, but not make any station stops. This means that your trip will take up to 50 minutes longer than normal. A local bus will connect Farmingdale, Bethpage, Hicksville, and Mineola for intra-island travel. Realtime information for these trains will not be available on the TrainTime app.
- There is no train service at Bethpage. Customers going to Jamaica or points west will board buses to Farmingdale to connect with diverted train service. Schedule information for these buses is only available in the PDF timetable.
On Monday morning, if you normally take the 1:17 a.m. from Penn Station, please take the 1:11 a.m. train to Hempstead, where bus service will be available to all Ronkonkoma Branch stations. Train service will resume with the 3:33 a.m. from Penn Station and 4:06 a.m. from Ronkonkoma.
Oyster Bay Branch
Trains will only run between East Williston and Oyster Bay. Bus service will connect East Williston, Mineola, and Hempstead, where train service is available to and from points west. Allow up to 60 minutes of additional travel time.
Babylon and Montauk Branches
- Some eastbound trains will leave Penn Station up to 10 minutes earlier than normal.
All Other Branches
- Please check revised schedules for possible changes in connecting train times.
- Due to the reduced number of trains running between Jamaica and Penn, you may wait longer than normal at Jamaica for connecting service.
For more information
Customer Service Center agents are available to answer questions via live chat or phone between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., daily. For service related questions, chat live with customer service agents through the LIRR TrainTime app. To speak with an agent, call 511 or 718-217-LIRR (718-217-5477) and say “Representative” when the prompts begin. Automated schedule information is available via phone 24/7.